Travel documents needed to travel outside of province

Posted in Cambridge, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on May 7, 2014

I am wanting to travel to the eastern provinces for two weeks in the summer with my children (we live in Ontario). I have joint custody with primary residence with me. Do I require a letter signed by my ex husband to travel within Canada for vacations? We would not be entering into the states. There is nothing in our agreement outlining specific visiting days that would be interupted by this either. I can find lots on line about travelling out of the country but not within. Thanks

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 8, 2014 at 8:54 am
    A Family Lawyer said:

    It is suggested to forward your travel itinerary, including contact information, as much in advance as possible. However, you do not require consent to travel in these circumstances. If the joint custody and primary residence was determined pursuant to the Divorce Act, then that court order is applicable in all of Canada.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9