1 (877) 797-9411

Sole Custody if one parents left country?

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, St. Catharines by Questions on May 13, 2014

I have a 18month old daughter with my common-law spouse, we lived together 2 years, and he has been deported back to his country of Mexico and cannot return nor wants to. We have ended our relationship now and I would like to know how I can get SOLE CUSTODY, so if i wanted to travel in and out of country I can.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 13, 2014 at 8:50 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: We need to commence an Application at the Court seeking sole custody, and any other matters that you wish addressed, such as child support. Please contact me so that I may know your exact facts, and I can then advise you of your chances of success. Given your above facts, I do not anticipate any problems.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved