Out of province university tuition costs

Posted in Children, Gatineau, Location, Quebec by Questions on January 13, 2016

Am I responsible for undergraduate university costs for my children when I have agreed to stop receiving child support. My eldest child is 19 and I have split Cegep tuition costs for the last two years. Am I required by law to continue to fund university tuition costs when my child commences their studies out of province in Ontario?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 14, 2016 at 12:38 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    Child support obligations in relation to post-secondary studies are based on the child’s needs as well as the seriousness of their educational project. If both criteria are met, and you can afford to pay your share then your obligation would continue even if your child pursues his or her studies in a different province.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9