My ex stopped child support payments

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, Scarborough by Questions on April 29, 2016

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are disagreements (there is conflict resolution process for it). How can I enforce the separation agreement?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 29, 2016 at 8:57 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    You can register the separation agreement with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) for enforcement. You will first need to file your agreement with the court, if this has not already been done. FRO has the power to take action to enforce child support payments, including but not limited to garnishing accounts and wages, suspending driver’s licences and passports, and placing liens on property. I recommend that you speak with a lawyer about your situation and FRO enforcement in greater detail.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9