1 (877) 797-9411

Mr. P

Posted in Brantford, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on February 26, 2014

I separated from my ex girlfriend when she was 4 months pregnant. After she had the baby, I was only allowed to see her once. She is not allowing me to see the baby, or pay child support. She can’t even confirm paternity. Would it be possible to give me a little step by step guide? Thanks

1 Expert Comment

  1. On February 27, 2014 at 5:19 pm
    A Family Lawyer said:

    It is not possible to address all issues or steps involved, but you should be aware of sections 8 as to recognition of parentage and section 10 as to blood tests and DNA tests, those sections being in the Children’s Law Reform Act. You may apply to the court before paternity is determined. Children of a young age need the bonding time with both parents. You should consult with a lawyer to discuss your concerns about being involved in the child’s life.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved