1 (877) 797-9411

Joint or sole custody

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, Scarborough by Questions on May 8, 2014

My son is fighting for joint custody, his ex is adament on sole, she will not bend on this issue. What information does she know that we don’t. Can she move far away? Or change his girls last name? Can her new boyfriend soon to be husband adopt the girls without his consent? She’s so firm, could she be hiding info that her lawyer told her without us knowing? My son is worried.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 8, 2014 at 9:33 am
    A Family Lawyer said:

    If she is granted sole custody, then she will have a significantly greater say as to any plans to move, etc. There cannot be any adoption of the children without the father’s consent. The dispute on joint custody vs sole custody results in a very extensive matter being advanced. There may be a number of reasons why she is taking the position she is. In order to succeed with his joint custody claim, he needs to be involved and remain involved with the decision making for the child. You may request the involvement of the Office of the Children’s Lawyer if there are concerns that that she is seeking to alienate or disrupt the children’s relationship with him. You could also conduct oral questioning of her to further inquire the foundation of her case.

    View Mark Simpson's LinkedIn profileView Mark Simpson’s profile

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved