1 (877) 797-9411

illegally kept from child lawyer wont help

Posted in Brantford, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on February 6, 2014

My husband and i have been seperated for 3 years but we are still married, I live in Brantford and he lives in windsor. We have an 8 year old son together whom i have been not allowed to see for 4 months, how does that affect custody in terms of the parent child relationship and other things seeing as the only reason for this is my ex’s insistance that, without proof or legal reason, I am unfit to take care of my son, my lawyer wont do anything, he hasnt seen a family member in 4 months, what can i do?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On February 7, 2014 at 11:04 am
    A Family Lawyer said:

    This site does not give legal advice, and you need to ensure that you are not seeking legal advice while you have legal representation. I cannot give you legal advice in these circumstances. The issue is whether the status quo will factor into the final outcome in respect of the custody and access issues. If you think that the current status quo is not in the child’s best interests then you need to take steps by way of obtaining a court order or parenting agreement. You would be asking to change the current status quo. It is definitely not healthy for the child to go prolonged periods of time without contact with the other parent. If such concerns had any bit of credence, then at a bare minimum you would be exercising supervised access.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved