feeling trapped. please help.

Posted in Children, Hamilton, Location, Ontario by Questions on June 24, 2013

My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years. We have 2 children age 3 & 6. We are wanting to seperate. Alot of emotional abuse going on. I would like to take my children to my mothers house which is about 5 hrs away. I have no where else closer that I can take them. Is this going to be possible? I should point out that he refuses to leave our property even though he has somewhere very close he can go to. (His mothers). Is there anything I can do either going the 5 hrs away or having him removed from the property?
Thank you so much.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On June 24, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    Lorne J. Fine, B.A., LL.B. said:

    You cannot unilaterally remove the permanent residence of a child without a court order or an Agreement. If your spouse will not leave voluntarily, you should initiate court proceedings to obtain possession of the house or allow the move.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9