1 (877) 797-9411

Father wants shared custody to avoid support

Posted in Children, Location, Mississauga, Ontario by Questions on May 20, 2014

My child is 6 months old, the father has never lived with us. I made an application for sole custody and support (including child care) now he wants shared custody because he wants to avoid paying support. Is there any chance a judge would grant him this? I do not want my son being bounced around from different homes and daycares to suit his fathers choice not to pay support.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 20, 2014 at 8:51 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: When you say “shared custody” we assume that you mean 50/50 living arrangements. If this is what you mean, then the answer is “unlikely,” however as the legal test is “best interest of the child” we would need more facts about you personally, and the father, before making a statement that you could rely upon. We are happy to provide you with a free consultation, if you call our office at 905 451-3222.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved