Custody before Divorce

Posted in Children, Kitchener, Location, Ontario by Questions on May 23, 2013

My ex and I have been separated for 6 years. We have a 6 year old son and no legal separation agreement or filed custody arrangement. We are VERY amicable and have an arrangement that works amazing and that we are both happy with. I want to finally get a divorce but have no idea how to do this inexpensively, perferably without lawyers. I know we need to have custody and access in order before we can divorce but how can we do that without having to file in court, ie. making the arrangement we have now legal so we can file for divorce. We have nothing else to divied or arrange just custody

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 23, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    What you are referring to is a Separation Agreement. It is preferable to have the Agreement negotiated with and drafted by legal counsel in order to ensure that all issues have been addressed.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9