child travel

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, Orillia by Questions on May 26, 2013

My 3 year old son lives with me in Ontario. My ex wants to take him to Alberta for a Month. we have no custody papers. could there be a problem if he decides not to return him as he agreed.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 28, 2013 at 10:55 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    Where there is no court order or agreement regarding custody, eihter party is entitled to same. Technically, your ex could keep the child with him in Alberta and you would have to commence legal proceedings to get him back. I suggest you contact a lawyer and have a Separation Agreement prepared to outline custody/access and holidays.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9