1 (877) 797-9411

Child support to wife in the USA

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on December 5, 2015

So I pay child support for my kids in the USA, my ex-wife has full custody. I pay $2,150 US dollars per month which given the exchange rate comes to around $34,000 CAN dollars per year.

I am married, my wife does not work, so while I earn a decent wage (100+k per year) I cannot help but think that I am paying a lot of child support.

Am I overpaying? Or is that a reasonable amount?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On December 6, 2015 at 3:21 pm
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    You have asked questions that require legal advice. If you wish to obtain guidance that is specific to your case then you are welcome to telephone me at 905-451-3222 for a free consultation. I will comment that if I form the conclusion, after speaking with you, that you are overpaying then we can seek her consent to a reduction, or in the alternative seek an Order from a Judge granting a reduction. However, as noted above, I would first need to speak with you in order to obtain relevant facts.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. As well, generally speaking, the above information relates to Ontario law. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, or if you are making inquiries where Ontario law may not apply, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved