Child medical testing

Posted in Children, Hamilton, Location, Ontario by Questions on September 1, 2013

My ex husband who has full custody of my son is refusing to have him tested for ADHD despite numerous recommendations. Having this diagnosed and treated could make life so much easier for my son. Is there any way to force him to have the testing done?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On September 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    Since your ex-husband has sole custody, he has full decision making authority. If you want to have a say in decisions on behalf of your son, you need to change your court order or agreement which outlines custody.
    You can make suggestions regarding decision making, but your ex-husband will have the final say. I suggest you contact a lawyer in your area for further assistance.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9