1 (877) 797-9411

Child custody: letter of disposition

Posted in British Columbia, Children, Location, Vancouver by Questions on December 3, 2015

can grandparent send a letter or disposition to court in cases of child custody dispute. children are 12 and 15, and it is not in the best interest of the children to reside with mother.
Grandmother involved in children care since birth, assisting father with care now. he has custody with mother having alternate weekend visitation. going to court for more.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On December 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm
    Stuart Zukerman said:

    An affidavit can be submitted in any interim application or summary trial application by any person (including a grandparent) as long as it has been properly drafted and sworn and filed. If the hearing is to be by live “viva voce” testimony rather than by affidavits, then an affidavit cannot be submitted (except by the consent of both parties) as the witness would normally have to testify and be subject to cross examination.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2019 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved