1 (877) 797-9411

Change of custody…again?

Posted in Barrie, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on April 22, 2014

My question is want documents to I need to get to enroll my 14 year old son in to high school in Barrie. He is coming from Pefferlaw, on (Sutton dis. High School). My ex-husband has had custody of my two sons for about the last year and a half (The boys choice to try it out) till that point the boys were in my custody senice leaving a abuseful home life with my ex, 7/8years ago. The story is my ex kicked out my 14 year old son on April 17, 2014 and has had no contact with him or myself (my son does not wish to return to his dad).

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 23, 2014 at 9:25 am
    A Family Lawyer said:

    You need proof of birthdate to determine grade, proof of address to determine school district, you and the child, and record of immunizations for the child. I do not believe the ex’s consent is needed to register the child into school. The important point is to ensure the child is registered and attending school. You should contact the public or Catholic Simcoe County school boards as soon as possible. You should consult with a family law lawyer as to a custody application, but in the meantime the child needs to go to school.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved