1 (877) 797-9411

burden of child support and verbal abuse from former spouse

Posted in Children, Location, Ontario, Vaughan by Questions on March 16, 2014

My wife and I have been seperated for over three years and I have ecently started paying child support (I was upable to in the past due to lack of job). The amount I have been ordered to pay is really causing a burden on my life. I know that being kept from your kids and child support are two different cases, but I want to note that my former partner is not allowing me to see my children and is constently sending or calling with verbal abuse and threatening to take me to court for more child support. the payments are being taken out of my accound automatically so I know she’s getting them. My problem is that because I was out of work for a long time I have accumulated a high amout of debt from borrowing from the bank and family which I am now paying back but after all my payments including child support are taken I am left with about $150 a month for gas, groceries and other expenses, and I’m finding it really hard to coap. I feel like this is not fair, I am making my child support payments and recognize my responsibility however, I don’t feel like I should live in this condition and she’s living the life taking vacations and all. I feel this law is unfair to the person who does not have custody of the children. She’s now claiming that I make too much (on paper) and is going to ask for more, I don’t have any money to hire a lawyer. I feel like I’m at the end of rope, it’s jsut not fair. How can anyone live like this. I am constantly borrowing more money from people just to fill-up my tank so I can get to work.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 17, 2014 at 11:56 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    You can perhaps make a claim for lower child support based on undue hardship but I would need more information. Undue Hardship is a very difficult case to make since child support is always prioritized by a court. You should seek the assistance of a lawyer. You may qualify for legal aid and you should apply if possible.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved