Best Interest of the child

Posted in Cambridge, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on August 20, 2013

I am due in December with a little girl The father has decided to work things out with his wife and they are currently trying to conceive. Neither his parents or his wife want a relationship with the baby however he does if he has to pay support. If he does not have to pay support he will to sign away rights. Are custody and support dealt with at the same time or can they be dealt with separately. Is there any chance I can get supervised visits given the child not being welcome by people within his life?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On August 22, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    Child custody and access and child support are two unrelated items. Child support is payable to the party having full time care and control of the child. The payment of child support is not dependent upon whether or not the other party has access, or visitation with the child. The issue of whether or not access is supervised will depend upon a number of factors. The party suggesting supervision has to prove that same is necessary as it would be in the best interest of the child.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9