I’m worried that my ex will be violent with my kids during their visit

Posted in Barrie, Children, Location, Ontario by Questions on November 28, 2014

If I, the mother of two children with sole custody, am very worried about my children going with their father because of his violent behavior and the court is making me give him a chance because he may be rehabilitated, but I know for sure he hasn’t rehabilitated, what do I do? He hasn’t just been physically violent with me but with my daughter also. They are saying it has been 2 yrs and He hasn’t been violent but he hasn’t had the chance because the visits he was having with the kids were supervised.the courts are saying I have to give him a chance. What do I do?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On November 28, 2014 at 10:12 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: You are asking me about an ongoing Court case. To be responsible, I need to read the Court file. I can then provide you with a proper analysis. However, as one comment only, you need the involvement of one or more experts, such as an assessor or the Children’s Lawyer, to examine the factual circumstances that you mention and then provide a report with recommendations to the Court. If you already have an expert’s report that you disagree with, then it can be challenged. You are welcome to call me at: 1-866-557-3222 for a free consultation.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9