can i stay in the house.

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Separation by Questions on March 15, 2013

My wife says she is no longer happy with her marriage and as of today we are seperated. she wants me to leave the house and find my own place. i don’t want to leave. i am staying in a seperate room and fullfilling my role as a father to our kids, we are just not speaking to each other or staying in the same rooms, i know this is less than ideal but i am content to continue with this because i can see and play with our kids as well as maintain our house and yard. can she force me to leave?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    You can be separate and a part and live under the same roof. Furthermore, if you are married, you are both equally entitled to be in the matrimonial home. Your wife can try to have you removed, but she would require a court order for “exclusive possession”.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9