1 (877) 797-9411

U.S. Citizen divorcing person that has duel citizenship in U.S. and Canada

Posted in Divorce, Location, Montreal, Quebec by Questions on December 28, 2015

Anonymous Asked:

Can U.S. mother leave Canada with their son during separation? And can she leave Canada with their son after the divorce?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On December 29, 2015 at 12:36 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    A parent must always obtain the authorisation of the other parent to leave the country with the child. Whether during separation or post-divorce, this permission is necessary insofar as it pertains to parental authority over the child and is only incidentally related to the divorce procedures.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2018 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved